We are committed to running a sustainable business to deliver long lasting benefits to our employees, customers, the surrounding community and the environment.We constantly upgrade our manufacturing facilities to increase energy efficiency and minimize our carbon footprint.
Our Sustainability Meter
● Reduced our gross water consumption by 19% in year 2014-15 from previous fiscal year
● Reduced our hazardous waste to landfill by 80% in year 2014-15 from previous fiscal year
● Sustained status of ‘Zero Liquid discharge’ from premises
● Minimized greenhouse gas emissions by meeting 95% of our power requirement with clean energy generated from our in-house captive natural gas power plant
● Increased ground water levels at our site by active & passive ground water recharge through a factory-wide rain water harvesting system
Environment, Health & Safety (EHS)
Work Place Safety
Our approach of Safety First is driven by our EHS policy, objectives, action plan and strategies on safety management. Our work practices are in line with the OHSAS 18001:2007 management system. We reduced our Recordable-Incident-Rate by 46 % in year 2014-15 from previous fiscal year.
Fire safety activities are sustained to protect life and minimize the risk of injury and property damage from fire. Our manufacturing facility and equipment are inspected, maintained, occupied, and operated in compliance with applicable regulations and accepted standards for fire protection and safety.
To give our employees the best possible protection, EPP has introduced strict directives on health protection, occupational safety and use of personal protective equipment (PPEs). We apply appropriate response to occupational diseases and injuries.
We are committed to achieving excellence in conducting environmentally sound practices in our manufacture of flexible packaging. EPP has an Environmental Management System (ISO 14001:2004) in place. Our EHS objectives on key environmental impacts relate to emissions from our site, use of natural resources, environmental discharge and waste to land fill. The company’s environment is maintained in compliance with all applicable regulations and legislation. Our air quality index (AQI) number is within the satisfactory band used by government agencies. Over two thirds of our premises are covered with lush green flora.
EPP Environmental, Health & Safety Policy
We are committed to conduct our business operations considering Environment, Health & Safety as an integral part and in doing so:
● We shall prevent injury, ill health and pollution to our employees and community by adopting safe work practices.
● We shall comply with applicable legal and statutory requirements that relate to EHS hazards.
● We shall set measurable EHS objectives and targets, and review them periodically, to make continual improvements in the organization’s EHS performance.
● We shall involve and train our employees, and other stakeholders, for them to benefit from the organization’s improved EHS performance.